Friday, August 26, 2011

One Thing I Really Miss

The video above is me singing one of my favorite songs called "Greater Grace."  Yes, I happen to be in a lot of other places on the internet than just here.  Some of my readers don't know I used to be a worship leader at several different churches over the last few years.  My voice was obviously a lot deeper back then, and I've been working at developing a female singing voice over time.  I know I've already improved since posting this video over a year ago. And although I've led worship as my true self intermittently as a guest in places, I miss being able to point the way to Jesus through song and the instruments.  Watching others come to experience the same love pouring down upon their faces as they open their hearts up to God is something I truly miss, and I wonder if God will lead me down this path again someday.  For now I choose to worship Him wherever I am, in my car, in an empty room with my guitar, or when I'm out in the desert watching a dazzling golden sunset from atop a cragged Arizona mountain peak.   I choose to worship God because of what He's done for me and the relationship I have with my Savior. It saddens me a bit that I've not led worship lately.  But I know God's not through with me yet.  Just you wait.

3 comments:

Lori D said...

Sorry, Shirley Anne, I accidentally deleted your post and couldn't resurrect it. Here it is:


What a lovely performance Lori! Thank you for sharing that with us. I hadn't heard that song before and I could tell you loved playing it, epecially in the end few bars. I play some songs that I simply don't want to end and I end up playing them over quite a few times!
I agree with your sentiments too. God is wonderful isn't He? Lots of love

Shirley Anne xxx

Cynthia Jane said...

Thank you Lori. I really did enjoy the song. There truly is no greater grace than that of God the Father. To him be the Glory.

Listening to and talking about our Lord and savior is so uplifting in these troubling times.

Thank you again and I am praying for the success of your new blog site. Looking forward to many good posts.

Hugs and Prayers,

Cynthia XX

Eternal Lizdom said...

I always always always love your worship videos, Lori. :)