Saturday, March 20, 2010

I Can't Stop the Rain

A couple of days ago I read the latest post by my amazing friend who writes Cameron's Song.  I know this was an immensely painful week for her family, and I was surprised to read how, in her latest blog, "Learning to Love the Rain," she ends with:

Some of the most profound blessings in my life have been realized during challenging moments in the rain. As I Face the sky with arms outstretched, I thank God for the beautiful gifts that have taught me that it's okay to get wet...

With each challenge in my life I am learning to view the world from a beautifully unique perspective...

I am learning to love the rain.
What powerful words.  I remember writing a very similar post, as I stood deep in the watershed of transition's flood, and this song came to mind and has always been dear to my heart since I screamed at God in the rain.  Christina, I hope you and Cammie see this video.  I know this was one of the toughest weeks for you to endure, but I trust you are held and comforted by these few words in song:

2 comments:

Zoe Suzanna said...

It is true that the most profound changes in one's life come through the challenges we must face.

Thank you for sharing this. "It's ok to get wet." what a realization! :)

Cammie's Song said...

Hi Favorite... thank you so much for sharing this with me. You will never know how much your unconditional love and friendship has meant to me... what inspiration and strength you have given me through some very difficult times. You are the light in the dark to so many people, a pillar of strength, and one of the best people I know. Thank you for all that you are, for your generous spirit, and all that you do to make my world a little brighter. Your Christlike spirit radiates in all that you write and in the way that you live your life. I am so glad that God shared you with me. God bless you, always. With love and friendship...

Christina