Thursday, August 4, 2011

Such Beautiful Words of Hope

The following was taken from a comment to a guest post on T-Central just over a year ago.  The words were inspiring then and I believe they're equally as valuable today.  They are not my words.  It was posted here:

http://t-central.blogspot.com/2010/07/transition-thoughts-reflections-guest_20.html




I have no advice. I do not even understand my own situation. It just WAS, and I did the best I could to deal with it. I was blessed. I was so fortunate not only to have survived but to have prospered, with no regrets and no walking wounded left in my wake.
Although I have just recently returned to my "roots"(?)/"beginnings"(?), I cannot help but compare my outcome To the pain and pathos of which the stories related here, represent but a tiny fraction. And YOU are the survivors!!! You are all still among the living, despite all that you have suffered and struggled through.
I will say this, and I believe it may be in disagreement with Alex's perspective, but only patially.
I agree that there is no "right way" to do this. We each make our own bed that we must lie in. We can only live with the decisions that we have made. We live with the consequences of or actions.
In my case those consequences were mine and mine alone, Because I transitioned very young, there were no children, no immediate relatives that would be mortally wounded.
I am of the opinion that we can never retrace our steps, we can only move for ward. In our lives, in this existance, there is no "re-load" buttun. There are no "do-overs" We can only move forward through time.
Having said that it is my hope that we each as individuals will move forward in a positive way. We will make future decisions based on what we have learned from our past mistakes.
I sincerely believe that what we are all doing here, by sharing our life's experiences, is offering to ourselves, and what we have learned through hard experience, to others that they might learn and possibly gain some insight, some clue on how to deal with their individual situation.


You might be surprised to read who wrote such delicately-crafted words of hope.  I recommend you click through to read the full story from beginning to end.  

I believe the writer really meant what she said when she wrote this.  I do not know nor can quite fathom what's happened since then.  Her original story of survive-AND-thrive has so much potential to inspire so many who are hurting.  I'm just flabbergasted.

6 comments:

Angel said...

I remember that particular post and the person who wrote it! :)

Stephanie said...

I was very surprised!

Stephanie

Anne said...

Indeed. As the author of those words, I stand by them. I said what I meant, and I meant what I said.

You asked what has changed? NOTHING. I still react poorly to the IGNORANT, (those that HAVE NO CLUE), the ARROGANT, (those who profess to tell me and others "how it is or SHOULD BE), and the FOOLISH, (those who suffer from something that NOBODY understands yet claim to "know the way").

Is that a personal character flaw? YOU BET ! I admitted it.

What are YOURS?

Lori D said...

You will not attack me after I posted such kind words.

Everyone knows my faults, my frailties, and God knows my sins. I've made it known I am humbled by stories like this, not ARROGANT, as you pointed out. I'm no fool and my own experience is worth sharing to others, so don't call me FOOL. "Anyone who calls his brother 'Raca" is in danger of the fiery pit of hell." - Jesus Christ.

Careful who you call FOOL.

You're done in my life after this post, Anne, get it? DONE. You are and will forever remain powerless. Be glad you got this response. Anything you say from here on will be deleted so don't bother coming back here. If that's my flaw that's between my God and me, a self-righteous, self-deluded, hypocrtical, penis-packing (according to you), TWIT.

After my last comment to you on your post was God bless you, I still mean it. God bless you, not curse you.

ms.shandy said...

I'm sure completing physical transition with GRS probably is a wonderful thing. I can hardly wait personally. But does that moment define you as a woman and elevate you above other transgender women? I don't think so. i feel I have always been a woman. Just a woman with a lot of physical problems I need to correct.

I look forward to finishing. It is as close as I can get to fixing my body with current science. But I harbor no illusions that it will elevate me above those who haven't yet taken that step.

The central truth of GID and transgender existence is that the physiology of the brain does not always match the physiology of the body. When someone like Anne denies the validity of the gender claims of transitioning females who have not yet had GRA, she is denying that central truth.

Post operative transexual women do not have ovaries, a womb or any of the components core to the female reproductive system. If gender is not defined by brain physiology, but by physical physiology, then Anne is no more a woman than the "penis packing" people she insults. But that is how hypocrites roll.

Maybe I'm a radical, but that's how I see it. If there really is some magical knowledge gained post operatively that invalidates my current opinion, I'll let you know in about a year. LOL!

Deena said...

Lori .... IMHO you would be making a mistake to delete what Anne has to say. Now bear in mind that I do not even know if Anne is "real". I have never met Anne.